Once again time has flown by and what was supposed to be a regular blog post is now a couple of months behind. In my defense we have been having a fabulous summer visiting umpteen castles, fighting dinosaurs, crafting, camping and having adventures. Then year 6 kicked in (first trip away from home, 11+, secondary school visits). Finally this week I feel like I am getting back to my to do’s to do list!
Photos from recent classes
So I thought I would start by sharing the news that I am now a calendar girl – in case you’ve missed the announcement and red carpet affair! I am really delighted to announce that my work was successfully submitted and I am now Miss December in the new PMC Studio Calendar 2019! Here’s a sneaky peak but don’t worry all work is appropriately dressed! 🙂 Copies can be obtained from The PMC Studio …or I think it might be available with an order if you buy your silver clay from them.
Speaking of calendars
Sssshhhh – Christmas is coming….
As it is getting to that time in the year when people start thinking about presents…oh yes! I just wanted to remind you that I offer craft courses vouchers, so if you are stuck for a Christmas present idea… you can either book on my website, or contact me directly. Either way I will send you a personalised gift letter with details of the chosen class and how to book a date to suit. Or perhaps you’d like to suggest to someone what class you’d like to take…
Classes are available in the following crafts – prices vary depending on whether you are booking a class for 1 or 2 but range from around £55 for a half day (Felt or Encaustic art) to £125 for a silver clay rings class. Do email me regarding prices.
Silver clay: Beginners. Rings. Using Syringe and silver sheet clay
Enamelling: Beginners and Further techniques, including cloisonne
Flamework beads: Making glass beads. Beginners and follow ups including sculptural animals.
Encaustic art: Beginners
Feltmaking: Wet felting. Needlefelting or both.
I can also do a general gift letter detailing what is available if you aren’t sure what a person would pick – I can do shorter taster classes if necessary.
What’s coming up at Curly Girly Crafts
I have a busy few months coming up with weekends virtually all booked here at CG Crafts until Christmas. Below are details of venues/classes with some availability.
- If you live in the Sudbury Area I am teaching Enamelling on Sunday 21st October at Simply Handmade –
- I will be helping the Guild of Enamellers again at ExCel during the Hobbycraft show in November – I think it runs from 15th to 17th November and I will be there on Friday 16th, come and say hello – the 30 minute taster session is only about £5!
- Saturday 24th November and Saturday 15th December are currently free for students to book a class – get in touch if you fancy a Saturday class in any of the crafts I offer.
- I am teaching at FSC Flatford Mill on 1st (Enamelling) and 2nd December (Christmas Feltmaking) – Booking page
- I also offer weekdays for classes so get in touch if you’d like to book a date to suit – usually Tuesday, Thursdays or Fridays are best. Price per person is reduced if more than one person comes.
And finally…I am doing a little bit of learning myself this term. I have just enrolled in pottery. I’ll let you know how that goes.
Happy crafting and if you have any questions please do get in touch.